Thread: Planetside 2 Leadership Structure

You're in our world now! Geandily's Avatar
    Playing
    Minecwaft, PS2
    Duckets

Planetside 2 Leadership Structure

EDIT: We're going with the Rose Garden setup. Currently, several Rose positions are available. Once we have assigned a Rose for every specialty then we will have an election every 2~ months to decide who our roses will be.

A quick clarification: Overall command will be with whoever currently holds it. That is to say, the person that was given command when the previously highest ranking officer logged off and had it handed it over to them will remain in command until they relinquish it either by their own volition or are ordered to by a higher ranking officer. This means that if a low ranking person wants to lead and does well at it, they are able to show us that.
    The person in overall command will select a base for assault, ask for defenses in certain areas, and essentially work to coordinate and mediate for the different bouquets.

Anyhoo:

As a rose, your jobs will be:

In Battle: To keep your guys organized and to help the OIC's mission by finding an application for your specialization when possible (stealth, infantry, tanks, etc), or to switch outside of your specialization when it is no longer the best option available.
    The reason I think it's best for us to have specialized groups that switch in/out of their specialization is so that we don't see a lone reaver flying off to die because nobody else is doing air when it would be better to have the White Rose call for 10 people to switch to stealthers, kill all of their AA, then have a few people switch to air to rack up some kills. The roses should always look to apply their specialization.

Outside of Battle:
    *Organizing Events
    *Training New Members (essentially practice sessions)
    *Recruiting Good/Funny People
    *Promoting and controlling your flowers (This means you will have to be the bad guy sometimes: keep in-guild grief in control without other roses needing to interfere with your troops)
    *Making the guild better and making the game more fun for those in the guild.

As there will be elections and possible impeachments, this position is not set in stone. If you want to be a Rose but can't find something here that suits you, just reply with what you'd like your group&title to be. If we have more volunteers than we have a realistic amount of spots (5 or 6 max?) then we'll do a poll. If 2 people want the same spot, then we'll do a vote.

HAIL FRIENDS! With Planetside2's beta just around the corner and me procrastinating as much as possible before my exams I figured that it was time to make another thread about Planetside2! THE QUESTION IS

What kind of leadership structure should we have, and then who should be our initial officers and leader(s)?! Here's how I think it should go down:

Government (Spending of resources, recruitment policies, etc)

The Shadowed Crown-As Frybread's kin it obviously falls to me to be the leader. HAIL GEANDILY!
    Alternate title: The Great Sunflower for somebody other than me.

OR:
    The Rose Garden-A select group of Flowers will rule and together they shall judge the collective, without a sunflower. All major decisions concerning guild policy would go to a vote of majority.

OR: (and this is the one I like best)
    Game of Thorns- The great sunflower would listen to the advice of his roses and then make a decision.

The Flowerbed- A hierarchical system with three groups: The Poppies, the roses, and the sunflower. All those of the poppy rank would vote, then the roses, and then the sunflower with each group being equal in their voting powers. This would mean a poll on the forums for all Flowers, then the Roses would post their votes, then the Sunflower would have power of veto just like Obama.

ANYHOO on to the fun stuff:

Combat Structures & Ideas for Rose Titles

This idea follows this leadership structure:

Roses
    Specific Flower
    Buds

To keep recruitment up and to motivate our new in-game recruits I think were going to need class specific leadership roles and targeted recruitment. By that, I mean I think it would be best to have all of our officers specialized in something in particular so that we can recruit people to specific divisions of FoH. Each division, led by a rose, will handle its own promotions, demotions, and allocation of leadership.

Initially, all new recruits will simply be a Bud. They would not be promoted until they chose a specialization and specific flower and bouquet to follow. At that point, they will be promoted to the rank of Flower in game with their official title being- Member of the [Pansy] Bouquet.

The Armored Pansy Division Led by the Iron Rose (complete with badass forum signature)
    Buds would be recruited into the Armored Pansy Division by the Iron Rose and his Pansies based on their ability with ground vehicles; especially tanks. It would be this officer's job to strategize about armored warfare, recruit the best tankers possible and would be in charge of planning any tank based guild events.

The Bleeding Hearts Led by the Painted Rose (Complete with hardcore forum signature)
    Buds would be recruited into the Bleeding Hearts by the Painted Rose and his Bleeding Hearts based on their performance as combat medics. The ability to keep their squad, and more importantly themselves alive, will be what the Painted Rose looks for in his recruits. Bleeding hearts and medics in general are most likely going to be our squad leaders on the ground. Engineers should also be included in the Bleeding Hearts as they are essentially medics for MAX suits and vehicles.

Samaras Led by the Blue Rose (complete with artsy forum signature)
    Buds would be recruited into the Whirlybirds by the Rising Rose and his Samaras based on their performance in Reavers & Galaxies. Combat prowess either as a Ground Attack Reaver, Air Support Reaver, or Galaxy pilot would earn you a spot in the Samaras. The Rising rose would be responsible for organizing air events and delegating the organization of some of these events to his Samara.
    (Alternate leader title: Rising Rose)

Sakura Led by the Black Rose (Complete with artistic forum signature)
    Buds would be recruited into the Cherry Blossoms by the falling rose and his Sakura based on their general performance as infantry, especially those in MAX and REXO suits. Those willing to follow orders and die for our cause will be recruited into this bouquet. A good K/D ratio and combat awareness will be cause for promotion.
    (Alternate leader title: Falling Rose)

Nightshades Led by the White Rose (complete with scary forum signature)
    Buds would be recruited into the Nightshades by the White Rose and his deadly nightshades based on various qualifications as infiltrators. Those that love to stealth will be recruited into this bouquet. Those able to infiltrate enemy facilities, snipe, or do other stealth/recon jobs will be promoted in this bouquet. Because of their specialized ability to strike in unexpected places, Agile suits should also be a part of the nightshades as well as the Sakura.

The way I see a battle going would be for different roses to lead at different points. For example, in the lead up to the battle when most of the combat is outdoors, the Iron Rose would lead our efforts in ground vehicles and the blue rose would lead our efforts in the sky. Once a battle was under way and infantry combat became the focus, the painted rose and the black rose would take over. As recon and stealth are always important, the White rose would have most of his soldiers under his command at all times.
    I think having officers specialized like this would create a more organized, focused approach for us during battles and would give our officers more control over what was going on. Letting officers have their own lieutenants would let people who are capable advance more quickly and make e'rybody happy!

Every 2-3 months we could have a general election where people would volunteer for the leadership of each bouquet, at which point the members of each bouquet would vote on who they wanted as their leader.

I think the idea of fancy titles and bouquets is a good one even if they don't serve a practical battle purpose because they would still help with recruitment and precise promotions.
    So what do you guys think, could some of those bouquets be merged? Should there be more, or is it already too specialized? I figure that even if you weren't a member of the nightshades but you wanted to play a stealther that day, you would be under the command of the white rose or highest ranking nightshade online.
    Last edited by Geandily; 05-02-2012 at 04:30 PM.

I like rose garden the best.

can i be ein fuhrer

Friar in the Church of Blart Pfunk's Avatar
    Duckets
    HAIL GEANDILY!

I want to see the sky turn yellow Crying Eyes's Avatar
    Duckets
    I LIKE THE ONE WHERE THE GREAT CROWN SUNFLOWER LISTENS TO THE ROSES AND THEN MAKES INSANE DECISIONS BASED ON THEIR ADVICE.

also:

HAIL GEANDILY!

Playing
    Reeg of Regend
    Duckets
    howbout Bhauk/Geandily as the respective Yin/Yang of the outfit? Yin = passive, yielding, micro / Yang = active, macro.

The way I saw it was I would focus on battle and you would focus on war... you'd be calling all the shots and I'd make sure that your plans are successful.

Please reference my sig for further details.

Duckets
    so you are saying gnomie should be vice president because he has a blackberry?

Playing
    The Breaking of Kirth
    Duckets
    If it were gramatically correct, the gnomie blackberry sig would be a goddamn good ad campaign.

i had to step up today in life with dorito locos tacos

supereme

Playing
    Archeage, Planetside 2, EA UFC, ROME II Total War
    Duckets
    Rose Garden
    Who ever thought you could teach them to drive tanks?
    Drive tanks through banks

Rose Garden with Bhauk/Geandily/Kaga/Robert

Bhauk for obvious reasons.

Geandily for bloodline.

Kaga because he's more stable than the other 3 listed

Robert because the other 3 aren't very fun/funny

Playing
    Minecwaft, PS2
    Duckets
    Quote Originally Posted by Doublevision View Post
    farrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrt
    Thanks for the input, Doublevision!

Playing
    Reeg of Regend
    Duckets
    Quote Originally Posted by Doublevision View Post
    Kaga because he's more stable than the other 3 listed
    10/10

Playing
    Minecwaft, PS2
    Duckets
    Maybe we could have a like, coordinator spot? "The All Encompassing Chakra Sunflower" That person could be in charge of formulating an overall battle plan that the separate roses would mold their plans around.

geandily never going to get out of that shadow
    Code:
                            :                                     
                            ;;                                    
                           / |                                    
                          /  |                                    
                        .'   :                                    
                     .-'     '                                    
                 _.-'       /                                     
             .-*"          /                                _     
          .-'            .'                            _.-*?'     
        .'             .'                           .-"  .'    __ 
      .'      ,     .-'                           .-+.  .' _.-*".'
     /        \  .-'         _.--**""**-.     .-'  _.y-:-"   .'   
    :          `+.       .*""*.          `.  :-. -.     \  .'     
    ;        .--*""*--. / __   `  _.--.    \ |$| -.`   -.;/ _.-+. 
    :      .'          :*"  "*..*"          y`-' $|      ;*"  _(  
     \    /      +----/ / .'.-'---+  .-._.+' `.  -'_.--. :- "_(   
      `*-:       |    \/\/\/      | /)     `     .'___   ' "_(    
         ;    `._|                | \  )`      .'.'   `./_" (     
         :      \|   FIGHT FOR    | (`._..--**" : .-    ; `"'     
          \      |  FLUORIDATION  |  `----**"T"" " `+.  |         
           `.    |                |         '     .'    :         
         _.-*"*- |   WRITE YOUR   |            / /      '         
     .-*" _      |  CONGRESSMAN   |      __..-'\       /       
      "+,'___..--|                |--**""       `-.__.'           
        ""       +----------------+

When will the beta start?

Playing
    Duckets
    i think sometime around e3 whenever that is

Playing
    Minecwaft, PS2
    Duckets
    I still really like the idea of having an election every 2-3 months... would make sure that the Roses didn't get lazy. I think that each Rose should have to work to organize events, actively recruit and train new members, and to selectively promote his own lieutenants. If a Rose was not re-elected (most likely for not doing his job) his lieutenants could be replaced by the new Rose, or kept in place.

As for who should be in command during battles, I think we should follow what WWIIOnline did:

If you were in command and then had to log off, the rule was that you had to decide who would lead when you left. If the the only officer online was low rank then he was put in charge. If somebody ranked higher than him logged in, it was courtesy that he remained in command until he decided that he wanted to give up his command. Sometimes a low ranking officer would remain in command for an entire day and would then get promoted afterwards because he had been such a badass. I think we should go with this so that most anybody can have their chance at leading around an outfit.
    Last edited by Geandily; 04-15-2012 at 05:46 PM.

premier geandily in power forever
    Code:
                            :                                     
                            ;;                                    
                           / |                                    
                          /  |                                    
                        .'   :                                    
                     .-'     '                                    
                 _.-'       /                                     
             .-*"          /                                _     
          .-'            .'                            _.-*?'     
        .'             .'                           .-"  .'    __ 
      .'      ,     .-'                           .-+.  .' _.-*".'
     /        \  .-'         _.--**""**-.     .-'  _.y-:-"   .'   
    :          `+.       .*""*.          `.  :-. -.     \  .'     
    ;        .--*""*--. / __   `  _.--.    \ |$| -.`   -.;/ _.-+. 
    :      .'          :*"  "*..*"          y`-' $|      ;*"  _(  
     \    /      +----/ / .'.-'---+  .-._.+' `.  -'_.--. :- "_(   
      `*-:       |    \/\/\/      | /)     `     .'___   ' "_(    
         ;    `._|                | \  )`      .'.'   `./_" (     
         :      \|   FIGHT FOR    | (`._..--**" : .-    ; `"'     
          \      |  FLUORIDATION  |  `----**"T"" " `+.  |         
           `.    |                |         '     .'    :         
         _.-*"*- |   WRITE YOUR   |            / /      '         
     .-*" _      |  CONGRESSMAN   |      __..-'\       /       
      "+,'___..--|                |--**""       `-.__.'           
        ""       +----------------+

Playing
    Minecwaft, PS2
    Duckets
    Also if somebody retreats when they're not ordered to, we go to their house IRL and kiss them up

Duckets
    Hey how come I'm not nominated for "actually playing the games" position?? half these fagits are gunna call "too poor to buy" when it comes out cuz they spend their moneys on Old E and a dime bag of marijuans.

I heard this game gonna have cash shop for unlocks.

Put me down for having all unlocks in first 3 days and quitting in first 30.

Rows, that's a paddlin.

Forum Moderator
    Duckets
    Quote Originally Posted by Geandily View Post
    As for who should be in command during battles, I think we should follow what WWIIOnline did:

If you were in command and then had to log off, the rule was that you had to decide who would lead when you left. If the the only officer online was low rank then he was put in charge. If somebody ranked higher than him logged in, it was courtesy that he remained in command until he decided that he wanted to give up his command. Sometimes a low ranking officer would remain in command for an entire day and would then get promoted afterwards because he had been such a badass. I think we should go with this so that most anybody can have their chance at leading around an outfit.
    This is good, I agree. But if the low ranking officer remained in command and sucked, but stayed logged in for days and nights and didn't give up command, what then? Does it turn into a dictatorship?

Playing
    Reeg of Regend
    Duckets
    I'm pretty sure we would all embrace that situation and cheer him on until he died irl or pussied out and logged off

sometimes it's fun to crash and burn... with glory of course
    Do what you can, with what you have, where you are. preooww."

Playing
    Minecwaft, PS2
    Duckets
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhauk View Post
    I'm pretty sure we would all embrace that situation and cheer him on until he died irl or pussied out and logged off
    hahah whoever had the will to do that would definitely be somebody that I would listen to.

Playing
    Minecwaft, PS2
    Duckets
    Bouquet idea has been largely scrapped. We are no longer going to be organized by class specialization anymore. I came up with this idea when it looked like SOE was really going to force players to commit to specific roles. Now though, it is obvious that people are going to be switching classes quite often and it is not a good way for us to be organized.

With that in mind, here's my new idea:
    We should still have Rose sponsorship of officers and recruits. So somebody is recruited into say, The Bleeding Hearts and would be sponsored by me. If Bhauk recruited and promoted somebody then they would be his responsibility, etc.

here's an idea: embrace the chaos

Playing
    Minecwaft, PS2
    Duckets
    I also wanted to kinda introduce you to Skipjack! He's one of our main new recruits in Planetside2 and because he used to play EQ and actually knew about FoH, I made him an officer. Later, he actually started leading/organizing squads for us and I found out that he used to lead events for his outfit in Planetside1. Guy is a great leader/coordinator and playing with him is a lot of fun, so if you see either of us on Teamspeak3 come and join us in game!

Playing
    Duckets
    he needs a sig immediately

Playing
    Minecwaft, PS2
    Duckets
    Yeah I'll make him a sig sooner or later haha